Monday, September 29, 2008

Huzzah!

Can't stop saying "huzzah" like Renfest/D&D-style. It is the new "hoorah" okay?

Been busy lately, you know, driving for hours to Chicago to surprise my best friend for her 25th Bday; eating delicious food; shopping; making Full House jokes (I'm Stephanie); buying sweetass bookcase and therefore being totally squashed in the car on the way back to KS from Chicago.

Last weekend was so awesome my body could only thank me by getting sick. After 4 days of being grossly sicky, I found my cure. One Bloody Mallory (Mary). I like to call them Bloody Mallory's because I am selfish like that. Uh, its a B.Mal when it has one zesty pickle and 2-5 martini olives. Right.

AH HA! So Friday I was back to fabulous! Har har, just normal. But I did up my coffee intake for the weekend 2x and managed to do some work on the house. We left for Chicago with the house a complete disgusting mess and I was feeling motivated by my IKEA purchases. So up with the new bookshelf, out with the sofa table (wtf? I know, sofa tables are for fancy ladies and not 24-year-olds), hemmed some pretty (cheap) curtains, 2x Target trips on Friday. 1000 loads of laundry, vacuuming, yada yada. My house is still messy, so no pictures yet. But I am feeling good about being so productive on the weekends. Also went to Worlds of Fun with my work. Fairly awesome, although I hate rollar coasters and am not much fun at amusement parks.

So back to Chicago, I love my friends that live up there and wish I could visit every week. This time was bonus fun time, because a friend that lives in Wyoming also came to visit. I happen to know the greatest people ever. It must have something to do with being from Kansas.

I also love the food in Chicago. My friends happen to live about a one mile walk from the greatest food ever. EVER.
M. Henry...behold...The Stacked Veggie Dagwood a.ka. The Greatest Sandwich Of My Life
Um, so good, I tell everyone I know about how much I love this sandwich. I might name my first born after this sandwich. Minus the stacked part, after all my kid will have my genes. Har har.
Ignore the salad, I didn't eat it. The sandwich is massive, its like 7 inches tall. Insane. So good.

My 2nd favorite thing there:

The Black Bean Cakes. These were my favorite thing ever until I had the sandwich.

Huzzah, someday I will post photos of things other than food.
Martha also wrote about the birthday suprise, with pictures!

Swell. Time to go watch Gossip Girl.

2 comments:

Burns Brood said...

Oooh, a bloody Mallory! That sounds devine! Glad you had a great time in Chicago! I'm so jealous! Love ya!

lovemartha said...

i want a bloody mallory! will you make me one at christmas?