Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Huzzah, for real this time.

We finally made it to the Renaissance Festival this past Sunday! It was my first trip to the festival, so I had really high hopes. We didn't dress up or anything, but it was still awesome!
I never realized how kid-oriented it all is. Games, and carnival type rides, unfortunately for kids only.
Since most of the festival was for children, I figured the food was for us. There was so much to choose from, but I eventually settled on an apple dumpling. It was served warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. Delicious. Until I dropped in on the ground halfway through the joust. DAMNIT! This actually happens to me a lot. I am perpetually the girl with the toppled ice cream cone.Geoff and Joel had to get the manliest food there: THE TURKEY LEG! They loved them.
I made Geoff take my picture as a princess with a UNICORN! Other than the food, the unicorns were the best part. They were everywhere. The joust was okay, I think the good guy won.
I cheered for the bad guys, naturally.
It was really fun to go, but I don't know if it is an every year thing. Well, I will pretty much go to anything if the tickets are free.

1 comment:

Burns Brood said...

We went to our first Renfest this last spring. It was definitely interesting! The kids liked it but the food wasn't as plentiful as you describe it! The best part was the kids got to hold a monkey and have their pics taken!